This clever idea by Tesco in Korea works on so many levels:
- i love the fact that their mobile e-commerce doesn’t simply replicate the main ecommerce site but provides an additinoal benefit ie it kills downtime when consumers are waiting for a tube;
- It leverages mobile QR technology to great effect (although I admit Asia are well ahead of the game in that respect);
- It’s a great example of how to create a virtual store environment – which means it can take its retail proposition to the consumer rather than hope consumers will come to them;
- it demonstrates how mobile really comes into its own when combined with other media such as OOH
- It positions Tesco as an innovator or forward thinking company
- It’s just reminded me I need to get a food shop in before the weekend! Too bad I shop with Ocado!
Vodpod videos no longer available.